Friday, December 4, 2009

Family Day at Mt. Vernon

Today was "Family Day" for the Crafts. We started off the morning at Sayde's 9 month wellness checkup (she is doing great) and then headed off to Mt. Vernon. We had a wonderful time looking at George Washington's estate. It is amazing to think what life was like then. Unfortunately we were not allowed to take pics inside his house. Take a look at the pics that we did get!!!


Chocolate making booth- delicious!!! Back then hot chocolate was a common drink each morning .
Poor Sayde all worn out!! She was such a trooper!!

Posing with my sweet hubby!


Memorial for all the slaves on this estate.





George and Martha Washington's tomb.





George's fancy vehicle.

















My good looking hubby in front of George's house.









Family shot!!!


















4 comments:

HearMe2008 said...

I'm blog hopping right now and I came across this one, I was actually at Mount Vernon last year. I hope your experience was as good as mine was. I had a blast!

I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

-Sean

Stephanie said...

what a fun family day! too cool that yall are close enough to visit so many things that are so rich in history! what a fun winter family day!

Unknown said...

How fun friend...miss you!

Lindy said...

What a wonderful family day! I love the pic of you and Joey - handsome and beautiful!